Faculty and Staff
Instructor’s Handbook 2017-2018 (Coming Soon)
Protection of Privacy Notice (for major events only)
Fall 2017 Course Outline Template - EDU 100 & EDU 300
Winter 2018 Course Outline Template - EDU 100 & EDU 300
- 4.0 Grading System
- Sample Excel Spreadsheet for Reporting Grades Microsoft Excel
- Instructions on Using the Sample Excel Spreadsheet for Reporting GradesPDF Document
- Summary of Knowledge, Skills and Attributes for Interim Certification (KSAs) Microsoft Word 2003
- University of Alberta Libraries
- eClass (Powered by Moodle)
- Alberta Teachers' Association Code of Professional Conduct
- Centre for Teaching and Learning
- Technologies in Education: Support and Solutions
- Request for Remission of Tuition for Academic Staff
- Off Campus Use of Equipment Form
- Teacher Education Research Grant (TERG) Application
- Teacher Education Research Grants (TERG) 2012 Guidelines
Log on to Bear Tracks using your Campus Computing ID (CCID, also known as your CNS ID) and password to access the "Instructor's Self Service" and "Employee Self Service" modules.
Log on to the PeopleSoft Employee Self-Service site using your Campus Computing ID (CCID, also known as your CNS ID) and password to access your:
- Professional Expense Allowance (PEA) Claims, including printing a PEA form with your current balance;
- Research Project/Grant Reports using Electronic Tracking of Research Awards and Contracts (eTRAC); and
- Travel and expense claim activity.
How to Documents
Department Office Hours
Monday to Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Closed daily from 12 p.m – 1 p.m.
Staff are responsible for managing their own Direct Deposit on-line through Bear Tracks. For instructions on setting up Direct Deposit, please refer to Bear Tracks - Employee Self Service.
Staff mailboxes are located in Education South, Room 351A.
Staff are assigned office space in the department. Keys can be picked up in Education South, Room 551A. Staff members are responsible for removing all files and personal items from their office space at the end of their term. For inquiries about office space and keys, please contact HR and Operations Assistant Sara Napp.
Keys cannot be issued for individual classrooms, but they are opened each day. For access to a classroom outside of regular office hours, please contact HR and Operations Assistant Sara Napp. Keys for the workroom (Ed South 353) and department lounge (Ed South 351A) can be signed out from Sara Napp. These keys must be returned at the end of a staff member’s term.
ONEcards are available to staff on the first day of their contracts. Personal information can be verified and updated through the ONEcard office at 780-492-7942 or email@example.com. For information on acquiring or updating a ONEcard, please refer to the ONEcard website.
For all small copy jobs, two photocopiers are located in Education South 353. A PIN is required to use these machines. Please contact HR and Operations Assistant Sara Napp to receive a PIN. For all larger print and copy jobs, staff are encouraged to use the University of Alberta preferred supplier, McCallum Printing. McCallum’s office is located in B-31 Cameron Library. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Computers and Printing Access
PCs are available for staff use in the department lounge (Education South 351A). Printing is available from these machines, as well as a printer cable for personal laptops. To set up printing drivers on any personal laptop, please enter a ticket through IST.
Instructor schedules are available on Bear Tracks in the “My Schedule” tab.
Class rosters are available on Bear Tracks. For information on how to view class rosters, please refer to the Bear Tracks User Guide.
Note: Class rosters can be downloaded from Bear Tracks into Excel. For information on how to download the roster to Excel please refer to the user guide. Please note that class rosters are subject to change. Instructors should monitor class rosters on Bear Tracks throughout the semester for updates.
Instructors can email students through Bear Tracks using the Class Roster. Please refer to the Bear Tracks User Guide for instructions.